Our client — ISA, is a security focused technology firm, with over twenty years of experience helping organizations of all sizes solve complex challenges relating to IT security. We act as trusted advisors to help our clients define, implement and manage their strategies to minimize IT security-related risk and to provide a secure business environment for their employees and customers.
ISA is a Toronto based company with offices covering Eastern and Western Canada. We deliver support services to our customers from coast to coast through two remote support offices. We deliver enterprise-strength technology to small, medium, and large organizations ensuring that our customers’ networks are secure, that they perform optimally, and that their total cost of ownership is minimized.
We offer values and opportunities you won’t find elsewhere:
- Dynamic, flexible, hungry. Be in touch with the CEO, not lost in your company’s bureaucracy.
- Learn and benefit from taking as much responsibility as you can handle.
- Join customer’s core team, contribute, co-design and co-own the product roadmap instead of simply being told what to have to code.
- Grow from an engineer to our company’s key business driver.
- Seal a competitive salary above market average.
- Enjoy equal growth opportunities for everyone.
- And more, assuming you can drive, own, and commit.
SPsoft follows a “work hard – party harder” philosophy. You can learn more about the “work hard” part during a face-to-face meeting, and take a glimpse at the “party harder” part means for our CEO.
- Monitor and analyze network traffic and IDS alerts
- Investigate intrusion attempts and perform an in-depth analysis of exploits
- Provide network intrusion detection expertise to support timely and effective decision making of when to declare an incident
- Conduct proactive threat research
- Review security events that are populated in a Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) system
- Analyze a variety of network and host-based security appliance logs (Firewalls, NIDS, HIDS, Sys Logs, etc.) to determine the correct remediation actions and escalation paths for each incident
- Independently follow procedures to contain, analyze, and eradicate the malicious activity
- Perform Tier I/II initial incident triage
- Document all activities during an incident and providing leadership with status updates during the life cycle of the incident
- Create a final incident report detailing the events of the incident
- Provide information regarding intrusion events, security incidents, and other threat indications
- Assist with the development of processes and procedures to improve incident response times, analysis of incidents, and overall CIOC functions
- Knowledge of information security event monitoring and detection and NID monitoring and incident response
- Familiarity with network security methodologies, tactics, techniques and procedures
- Experience with IPS/IDS, SIEMs and other CND security tools
- Ability to read and write Snort IDS signatures
- Experience reviewing and analyzing network packet captures
- Experience performing security/vulnerability reviews of network environments
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of the TCP/IP protocol, security architecture, network and remote access security techniques/products
- Experience with enterprise anti-virus solutions, virus outbreak management, and the ability to differentiate virus activity from directed attack patterns
- Working knowledge of network architecture
- Strong research background, utilizing an analytical approach
- Candidate must be able to react quickly, decisively, and deliberately in high-stress situations
- Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills are required to document and communicate findings, escalate critical incidents, and interact with customers
- Working knowledge of Windows and Linux OS to include experience working in the command line interface
- Highly motivated individual with the ability to self-start, prioritize, multi-task and work in a team setting
Ready to discuss the job in detail? Send your CV or contact us here